If you are looking for DotKernel 3 related posts, go here.
In order to use the new Password Hashing functions , introduced in PHP 5.5 , and unify all password related functions , used for both admin and users, we did a major refactor of DotKernel codebase, in version 1.8.0 , starting from revision 799.
See more on that matter here
Since those 4 new functions are available only since PHP 5.5 , we used the Password Compatibility library.
The minimum PHP version in order to run DotKernel was raised to PHP 5.3.8 .
How to apply this refactor to older Dotkernel systems
- change table structure in order to handle future algo
ALTER TABLE `admin` CHANGE `password` `password` VARCHAR(255) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `user` CHANGE `password` `password` VARCHAR(255) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL;
- Remove from application.ini the variable settings.admin.salt = 5F6WQ9U3YT
- apply the patch . Download
- if you have trouble applying the patch, you can compare the files and see the log/diff in websvn
- run the conversion script . You can find the details in the file Console/Controller.php , at line 47
- Hope that you will not break something 🙂
- Admin passwords cannot be converted , so need to be recreated manually .