DotKernel API 1.0.0 was just released!
What is DotKernel API?
It is a Zend Expressive 3 application aiming to help developers quickly and efficiently develop an API.
How does it work?
Under the hood it uses the following libraries:
- ezimuel/zend-expressive-api: – skeleton application on which this API is based on
- dotkernel/dot-annotated-services: ^1.1 – for handling dependency injection in your services
- dotkernel/dot-console: ^0.1.1 – for developing console applications
- dotkernel/dot-errorhandler: ^1.0 – which provides customizable error logging
- dotkernel/dot-mail: ^1.0 – for sending emails via SMTP
- zendframework/zend-expressive-authentication-oauth2: ^1.0 – for OAuth2 authentication
- zendframework/zend-expressive-authorization-rbac: ^1.0 – for role-based permissions
- zendframework/zend-expressive-twigrenderer: ^2.4 – for composing email bodies
- dasprid/container-interop-doctrine: ^1.1 – database abstraction layer
- tuupola/cors-middleware: ^0.9.4 – for automatically sending CORS headers with each request
- swagger-api/swagger-ui: ^3.22 – for creating OpenAPI 3 documentation
What does it offer?
Out-of-the-box, DotKernel API provides the following features:
- Secure authentication via OAuth2
- Two user roles: admin and member
- Admin users are allowed to manage any user account
- Members are allowed to manage only their own accounts
- OpenAPI 3 documentation – also an interactive interface that developers can use to integrate your API