Recently we have added the Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 OS icon and Microsoft’s Edge browser icon.
In this article we will have the icon upgrade guide.
- Make sure your project is running on version 1.5.0 or newer
- Download the patch
- Extract the archive in a folder, let’s name it icons_patch
- We recommend creating a backup of your project before you continue
- Now copy all the files in the icons_patch folder in your DotKernel
- You will be prompted to replace 2 files, simply replace the files and agree to merge the folders content (files will be added, not replaced this time)
- You need to clear the cache for changes to take effect, the os and browser xml’s are cached. For more information read this article (look for Browser & OS)
- You can now delete the icons_patch folder or use it to patch another project
List of affected files:
M /configs/useragent/browser.xml M /configs/useragent/os.xml A /images/browsers/edge.png A /images/os/windows_metro.png
M stands for modify
A stands for add