What is DotKernel
DotKernel is an Application PHP Framework, built on top of Zend Framework (ZF), and based on 7 years of DotBoost Technologies’ experience in building websites and web-services.
It is DotBoost Technologies’ way of giving back to the open source community, its way of “advancing the art of PHP”.
DotKernel is using a full, yet simplified HMVC (Hierarchical -Model-View-Controller) architecture, easy to learn by beginner and intermediate level programmers.
The name DotKernel combines the mother company’s “first name” Dot, implying the dot contained in any internet address with the word Kernel, which suggests the central core of any IT application.
The word “dot”, as in dot.com or dot.com bubble, is mostly associated with the Internet world (was even voted as the most useful word by the American Dialect Society in its 1996 Word of the Year vote) and the word kernel is defined in IT as the essential center of a computer operating system, the core that provides basic services for all other parts of the operating system.
- increased development productivity and runtime performance
- improved test coverage and peer-reviewed code quality
- freely available code repositories
- intrinsic security of Enterprise Level ZF components
- easy to learn by beginner and intermediate level developers
- a learning tool to familiarize yourself with ZF complexity
- three years support for each branch or version
- reduced time-to-market for web applications and lower costs for your clients
DotKernel is Open Source, and released under Open Software License (OSL 3.0)