To install DotKernel, follow the steps below.
Note: It is important to follow the steps in the exact order below (especially steps 9, 10, 11).
- Download dk.php file to test that your environment meets DotKernel system requirements
- Download a copy of DotKernel
- Unzip the downloaded package. You should have a DotKernel_[@version] directory
- Upload the folder content to your web server
- Create a MySQL database and import dot_kernel.sql file into it
- Set your environment (production, staging or development) in .htaccess by using the APPLICATION_ENV variable. In DotKernel, the development environment is set by default.
- Depending on your environment, edit the configuration file configs/application.ini to reflect the website url and the connection to the database you created previously
- Test the installation by opening the URL you set as your website. If you see the Home page, your DotKernel installation is completed!
- Login into admin module: http://www.yourdotkernelinstance.com/admin/ with username: admin and password: dot
- Change settings.admin.salt value from application.ini to a random string
- Change your admin password: http://www.yourdotkernelinstance.com/admin/admin/account/