Create a module
When you want to create a new module, there are several steps you must follow.
Let’s say you want to create a Manager module. These are the steps:
- create the folders/file where the MVC files will be stored:
- folder controller/manager(C), DotKernel/manager(MV)
- file controller/IndexController.php – is the Front Controller of the module
- create the folders/files related to the View – User Interface
- create the configuration folder
- add the line: resources.modules.manager = manager in configs/application.ini
- enter the appropriate values in configs/resources.xml
Download this file: Sample Module: manager and read the readme.txt to install this module in your DotKernel application.