Create a dots
If you are looking for DotKernel 3 related posts, go here.
When you want to create new dots, there are several steps you must follow.
Let’s say you want to create the Article dots in the frontend module. These are the steps:
- create the MVC files:
- Model – DotKernel/frontend/Article.php, which contain the Article class
- View – DotKernel/frontend/views/ArticleView.php, which contains the Article_View class that extends View
- Controller – controller/frontend/ArticleController.php
- create the template files:
- *.tpl files are in templates/frontend/article/ folder
- create the configuration file
- in configs/resource.xml
- add the line: <frontend>Article</frontend> in the <controller> tag
- add the line: <Article>list<Article> in the <route>…<action>…<frontend> tags to indicate that the default action for Article dots is list (list of articles)
As an already made example, you can check the Sample dots from RSS Module that is already integrated into DotKernel.